Thursday, January 15, 2009

I need theories...

Okay so I am putting a shout out to everyone. I need theories. The last two days Delilah has done this wierd thing were suddenly she just get really upset for 25mins first day and last night it was 1.5 hrs. It is sudden both times. Even after you pick her up, hold her, change diaper, attempt to nurse her, give her pacifier, give her food, she just stays crying and then suddenly she will just stop. Both times she finally would eat first time is was solid food, second time it was breastfed.

So I went through the usual stuff. She has had a cold since Monday. But she can breathe and seems to actually be on the mend. No fever, No pulling on ear so no ear infection.

She doesn't seem to be teething as she is not really drooling any. She knaws on everything but she always does that.

She is nto having any changes in stools or gasiness.

She is still eating good.

Are these jsut random tantrums about something?

Thoughts? Theories?

4 comments:

Steph said...

I read somewhere that sometimes babies scream if they have an itch or a little hair pulling somewhere and parents don't think of that, but I don't know if that would cause a 1.5 hour tantrum :(
Poor Delilah and you!

Angela said...

Any vaccines in the last 4 weeks--I hear odd stories of kids doing that screaming thing post shots, no idea WHY though!

Amanda said...

It has been a little under 4 weeks since she got the flu shot. She gets next flu on Tuesday

MooreWorld said...

Knowing you are a wonderful and attentive mommy, I don't think it's anything medical....I think she would be grumpy all day or show other signs (lethargy, not eating, etc.). With that, I am curious if it's during that wonderful 4-6pm hour that haunts all mothers. But even if it isn't, I do wonder if she is just overwhelmed. She is not only trying to tackle physical developmental milestones, but so much in her little brain is changing. In these moments, when I don't know what else to do, I go to home base....her crib. If you've checked everything else, let her work it out. She knows her crib is safe and with the door closed, lights off, the stimulation has ceased. This also gives mama a needed break and a chance to think without trying to console. The other day, Bella was just plain grumpy in the morning. At nap time, she didn't lay right down, as usual, she kept crying. I tried different things and finally let her go....1 1/2 hours later, she took an hour nap and woke up a completely different child. Happy, playful, hungry, etc. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress.....they get to cry and have fits like babies, lucky girls!!!!

good luck...