Sunday, August 3, 2008

Roses...

Okay so the great debate of the day. As many know, I love roses. I always wanted to have a beautiful rose bush in my backyard that I can go smell the roses and look at their beauty. Well when we bought this house there were two bushes but neither of them actually had what I would have planted. I like the deep red long stemmed roses. Plants that have beautiful large red roses. Well I still decided to nurse them back to health and this year got just beautiful roses for a while, but then the baby came, and I ignored the roses. They grew wild and stopped blooming and now started to lose leaves and the leaves have turned yellow (a disease that effects roses). It created the great dilemma, do I leave my daughter to work in the yard, or stay with her? The more I think about it the more I feel like I am not a gardener. I don't like to weed. I don't like to prune the bushes. I don't find it relaxing. So which do I want more, to overcome weeding and pruning to get roses for maybe three or four months. Is it really worth it when I can go to the store and buy the roses I want when I want for maybe $6? I love spending time with my daughter rather than slaving away outside at a rose bush. So maybe it is time to just dig them up and plant something that doesn't need to be tended as much. Maybe just some grass....

3 comments:

Angela said...

Why choose--do both! Put her in a sling/wrap and you can have her with you and have your hands free. Or find one of those cute outdoor tent things!

Life and Times of T said...

besides, grass takes alot of work too!

bty - when Delilah's grandma and I were growing up on 14th ave in brookings, there was a long hedge of rose bushes, I remember the little yellow rose buds we would have in bud bowls in the house.
good memories

MooreWorld said...

Awwwwwww, cheeks, welcome to the blog world!!! I found your blog from Cathy's! Just so you know, my rose bushes were terrible last year, for the same reason, and this year I haven't touched them, except once at the beginning of summer and they have done the best they've ever done! Crazy!