Thursday, August 28, 2008

Return to work

So I have officially worked two days. One on Monday, one on Wednesday and now work tomorrow, Friday. I have to say, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Being able to have Jarrod take Delilah to daycare I think helped. Actual work was interesting. It surprised me how much I actually remember. It is like riding a bike. It never changes really. They are still sick babies. There are still heartbreaking stories. The only changes are computer issues and just politics. Day two was even easier. I think tomorrow will be even easier, as long as she sleeps okay. She seems to sleep really well after coming home from the day care, not so much on my days off. Back to the grind and realize that I am meant to be a bedside nurse and mom not a stay at home mom all the time.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Glad to know it like riding a bike...hope its like that after about 5 yrs off also!

Steph said...

I'm glad the transition is going OK. I tried to leave a comment on the two months post, but it didn't work. THanks for the updates! Hugs!