Saturday, February 21, 2009

Frustration

Okay, so I know I really am lucky. I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl, who is happy, and growing and so adorable. But oh I am so frustrated with her sleeping! Anyone who know me knows that I do not do well on little sleep. I really like a good solid eight hours, or beware. So this not sleeping thing is getting old.

Ten days ago we finally set our foot down, no more nursing from 8 pm until 5:30 am. She is a big girl and should be able to go 9.5 hrs without needing to nurse. So we set our foot down, and it started to work, she slept a good part of the night, well then she got a slight GI bug and was throwing up, got a little dehydrated so OK she can nurse during the night. Okay then she got over the GI bug, no more nursing at night again. We held strong. Monday night she slept through the night. Tuesday night she slept through the night. Wednesday night she cried out twice but put herself back to sleep without us needing to do anything. Well then Thursday night she cried out, was coughing, and needed to be consoled but no feeding. Well Friday morning she woke up coughing and by afternoon she was running a fever. Yep the girl is sick and since the fever is there, they say the push fluids so if she wakes up I guess she can nurse. So yep this am at 4:30 she wakes up and wants to nurse after a not so restful night. Oh my what am I going to do with this girl. Will we ever make head way with no nursing at night?

No comments: